Scrap Happy Studio

Where Creative Minds Meet There is Joy

Monday, April 12, 2010

Copic Certification!

Big news, I am now Copic Certified! These are the most amazing art markers I have ever used. I was so thrilled to be able to attend the Copic Certification Class yesterday, taught by Sally Lynn MacDonald. She is an awesome teacher and I learned so much. Now I am certified to share my knowledge with others; I am not sure where this will lead me, either teaching on my own or for a retail scrapbook/card shop. For right now, I am content just practicing the new techniques and playing with my markers!

If you are not familiar with Copics, you should check out their website or see them in action at a store near you. They are alcohol (no odor) based and blend beautifully. They can be used on paper and all sorts of other materials, such as plastic, metal, ribbons, etc. Because they are alcohol based, they do not tear up your paper, no matter how much ink you use, making them perfect for coloring stamped images. At first it seems that they are expensive, but, because they are refillable they end up being cheaper than other markers in the long run. Believe me, once you try them, you will want these markers. Better to have a few really good markers than a whole set of cheaper ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment