Scrap Happy Studio

Where Creative Minds Meet There is Joy

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Gina K Designs April Ilustrator Challenge



For this challenge I chose the children's book The Quiltmaker's Gift as my inspiration. I love to quilt and I received this book as a gift from a quilting friend about 6 years ago. It is a wonderful story about an old woman who makes beautiful quilts to give to the poor. The King finds out about her quilts and wants one for himself. She agrees to make him one if he will give away his possessions. It is filled with wonderful watercolor illustrations, including many of quilts. It is a delightful story with a wonderful message for people of all ages. For my card I chose to use Gina K Designs new set Nana's Needlework which has some wonderful images related to quilting, knitting and lace. I colored the image with Copic markers to give a watercolor effect and added a bit of glitter for some sparkle. Hope you enjoy this! Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment